KEY STRATEGIES TO GET TRACTION IN YOUR JOB SEARCH
PERSONAL BRANDING | NETWORKING | LINKEDIN
Why are Personal Branding, Networking & LinkedIn Key to Your Job Search Success?
The job search market has changed considerably in the last few years. Thanks to platforms such as LinkedIn, employers and recruiters are now overwhelmed with applications (LinkedIn reports an average of 250 applicants per job opening). This has triggered the use of various software aiming to screen out and reduce the number of potential candidates, namely the so-called ATS which makes it even more difficult for candidates to screen in and get noticed.
So what can job hunters do to navigate the realities and challenges of this competitive job search market? This is what you will learn in this 3-part workshop in which I will present the key personal branding, networking and LinkedIn strategies that job hunters need to leverage for job search success.
This workshop will provide you with practical and step-by-step approaches to:
- Build a solid brand allowing you to stand out of the crowd, show how you add value and thereby position yourself as THE candidate of choice and claim your worth
- Build and expand a solid network that will give you access to the hidden job opportunities (that's 60-80% of opened positions not advertised online) and most importantly, how to convert your networking activities into concrete job leads that will lead you to your next job offer!
- Masterfully use LinkedIn to propel your job search using the latest strategies (and some touches of digital marketing) to further build and establish your professional brand, get visible and find hidden jobs!
What this workshop will enable you to achieve:
Part I: Personal Branding (2+hrs)
- How to propel your job search with personal branding and storytelling
- Finding your unique branding and positioning that will make you stand out of the crowd
- Finding and pitching how you "add value" to make yourself THE candidate of choice for employers
- Using storytelling to address and disarm any concern with your specific profile (career transition, work gap, job hopping, etc.)
- Addressing the double personality dilemma
- How to build your Personal Branding into your LinkedIn profile
Part II: NETWORKING (2+hrs)
- The key secrets behind networking for your job search
- Step-by-step networking approaches that will not feel salesly or pushy
- How to successfully build your job search network, especially if you are in a new field, industry or in a foreign country
- 4 strategic channels to optimize your job search and results
- How and where to find the “hidden jobs” representing 80-90% of opened positions not advertised on mainstream job boards
- Crafting reach-out messages that get answered
- How to go from connecting to concrete results for your job search
Part III: LINKEDIN (2+hrs)
- How to build a profile that will get noticed and be search optimised
- How to establish your expertise online and be seen as a leader in your field
- The new way to use LinkedIn for Job Searching
- Creating an action plan that will boost your visibility
- Top 6 LinkedIn best-kept secrets for job hunters (including how to connect with people out of your network, how to send emails to non-connections without using InMail credits, how to “SEO or Search Engine Optimise” yourself on LinkedIn, etc.)
- Where and how to find hidden jobs on LinkedIn
- **BONUS: Behind the scene introduction to the LinkedIn candidate searching tool with Experis Recruiters
What attendees had to say...
"There's a whole dimension of job searching I had no clue even existed - and it works! I got a great job offer less than 2 months after the workshop!"
"Simply put: I landed an amazing job thanks to the strategies Catherine shared in her webinar."
Senior Candidate, Banking Industry
Online course students are invited to join the live webinar reruns of the workshops of this trilogy whenever they are scheduled. You'll get an email invitation with the details whenever one of the 3 workshop / webinar is scheduled in the future.
Before becoming a certified NLP & RSCI coach, Catherine spent nearly 20 years working in senior strategic roles for the pharmaceutical industry holding various consulting roles in which she advised on marketing strategy, portfolio management and product development. She also developed primary market research and consulting services for an Indian-American company based in Gurgaon/Delhi, India. In addition, as a self-employed consultant, she helped start-up biotech companies in their early stages with strategic planning and financing. She has lived and worked in America, Europe and Asia and has extensive experience managing multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams across the world.