LANDING A JOB IN SWITZERLAND
Practical Strategies for job hunting in a new country & What you need to know about the Swiss job market
Job searching in a new market/country can be challenging, and the Swiss markets presents its fair share of challenges, especially for foreigners who often do not speak the local language.
We've designed this workshop to give you practical tools so you can better understand and navigate the specifics of the Swiss market. In addition, we will equip you with proven strategies that job hunters (especially foreigners) can use to tap into the so-called "hidden job market" which is estimated to be between 80-90% of openings!
If your current job search approach has not provided you with the results you want, it's probably time to change your strategy! And that's precisely what you will learn to do in this workshop!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS WORKSHOP...
PART 1: PRACTICAL JOB SEARCH TIPS AND STRATEGIES
- The key secrets behind networking for your job search
- How to successfully build your job search network, especially if your are in a new field, industry or in a foreign country
- How and where to find the "hidden jobs" representing 80-90% of opened positions not advertised on mainstream job boards
- 4 strategic channels to optimise your job search and results
PART 2: SWISS SPECIFIC JOB SEARCH TIPS & STRATEGIES
- Developing a Swiss Specific Resume
- Cultural views of Swiss hiring managers and how to deal with them
- Tips & tricks to navigate common "objections" in the recruitment process
- Why mindset is your key weapon in your job search
Léa is a career coach focusing on English speaking foreigners who are looking for their first or next role in Switzerland.
Catherine is a career coach focusing on expat women and helping them through career crossroad, namely job hunting in a new country, career transitions as well as return to work post career breaks.